Monday, March 8, 2010

Post IVF/Pregnancy Loss Consult

This afternoon, W and I went in for our consult with the RE. We were totally viewing this as a Post IVF consult but they were viewing it as a pregnancy loss consult. i think the difference in opinion shows how I still haven't wrapped my head around the fact that I was ever actually pregnant. Dr. J kept going on and on about how he knew we weren't ready to talk about the next step, but we were. I think that is our coping strategy is figuring out what to do next and knowing that although this little baby didn't make it, we have 4 more ready to go.

So here are the key points from today
- Dr. J is 95% sure the miscarriage was caused my genetic abnormality but is going to run the immune tissue labs tomorrow to rule that out

- We can't start on the BCP until I get a real period which could be anywhere between 3 - 6 weeks from now. That range unfortunately means that our FET could get pushed back to JUNE!! We had really been hoping for May (we were never planning on April since we are heading out of town for 9 days in a couple of weeks).

- As far as the number of eggs, Dr. J said that if we needed to do another fresh cycle, he would probably do everything the same but would up the Hcg to try to mature a few more.

- my four frozen babies are frozen in 3 sets, two are individual and two are together. We were very happy about that since we are leaning towards only transferring one again.

Overall, I think it was a good appointment. I'm glad we got in so quick so we can move on and start thinking about the future instead of dwelling on the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment