Friday, May 15, 2009

My Story: Part 2

So, I got my BFP, I had a baby, I could kiss my infertility goodbye...right...wrong! I never would have guessed that this followed me into motherhood. When my son was born, I had a hard time making enough breastmilk for him. Turns out that if your body doesn't make the right hormones to get you pregnant, there is also a good chance that they don't know how to tell your body to make milk either..Fabulous!! When my son was 6 months old, W and I decided it was time to start trying again. The only reason we waited that long was becuase my brother was getting married in Dec 08 and I wanted to make sure I could go to the wedding. Despite the fact that I expected it to take awhile and figured that there was a good chance that I would need intervention again, I couldn't believe how crushed I was that first month when my dear Aunt Flo made an appearance.I decided to wait to go back to the doctor until I was up for my yearly appointment (end of Jan). When January rolled around, I put off scheduling the appointment becuase I was so scared to get on the wagon again. Even though we had been trying for 7 months by this point I knew it was a totally different game once I started intervention again.I made it back to the doctor in February and he said it was probably time to try the Clomid again. So we are not in the two week wait of our third 50mg clomid cycle. If it doesn't work, we will be spending the next couple of months doing more testing and deciding if we want to stay with my Doc or move on to an RE.

No comments:

Post a Comment