Friday, December 17, 2010

Will I ever learn??

Well I let it go too far..

Five years ago, when we were TTC the first time around, I made a promise that if I was ever blessed with a pregnancy, I would NOT complain about being pregnant. When I was pregnant with Jr. I took that a little too seriously and unfortunately ended up with pretty severe pre-eclampsia because I neglected to tell my Dr. the symptoms, I was having. I just thought you were supposed to feel that crappy when you were 9 months pregnant and I didn't want to be the pregnant lady who complained.

Well fast forward to now and nausea has become my worst enemy. I am almost 16 weeks and it has actually gotten MUCH worse in the second trimester instead of better. But I didn't complain, I didn't talk about it...I just quietly threw up and went about my day. I didn't want to be one of those "pregnant ladies" who couldn't handle the sickness and went on drugs that could potentially hurt their baby just so they didn't get sick. Well apparently I should have done something sooner becuase I have now earned myself a trip to the hospital to get hooked up to an IV becuase I am so dehydrated. My doctor has started me on Zofran and told me I HAD to take it every 8 hours until I go into the office again on MOnday, even if I don't think I need...they don't really trust me to decide if I "need" it or not.

Once again I have let the issues I have felt while I watched other people pregnant affect the health and well-being of myself and more importantly this baby...will I ever learn my lesson??

No comments:

Post a Comment